1 jar La Vida Vegan white coconut paste
10 slices of filo pastry
100 g margarine
150 g chopped nuts such as pistachio and almond
25 g sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tbsp dried rose leaves
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan over low heat.
- Place a slice of filo pastry on a cutting board and spread with margarine.
- Top this with another slice of filo pastry and again spread with margarine.
- Repeat until you have five layers of filo pastry and repeat again with the other five slices of filo pastry.
- Cut the filo pastry slices into small squares and fold into a cupcake baking tin.
- Pre-bake the trays for 5 minutes.
- Chop the nuts and mix with the sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Divide between the filo pastry trays and bake the baklava cups for 5 min until golden brown.
- Remove the baklava cups from the oven and let cool completely.
- Pipe a large tuft of La Vida Vegan white coconut paste on top and garnish with pistachios and dried rose petals and serve immediately.