For 1 tray
For the dough:
375 g flour
50 g sugar
240 ml plant-based milk
7 g dry yeast
1 tsp salt
For the filling:
80 g brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon powder
60 g margarine
1 jar La Vida Vegan White Coconut spread
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and dry yeast.
- Gradually add the warm plant-based milk and melted margarine to the dry mixture.
- Knead the dough with your hands or a mixer with dough hooks until smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel and let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in volume.
- Let it rise for at least an hour.
- Roll out the risen dough into a rectangular piece of 1 cm thick.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Brush the dough with melted margarine and sprinkle with the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Roll up the dough tightly from the long side.
- Cut the roll into 4cm thick slices.
- Place the slices in a deep baking tray covered with baking paper and let them rise again for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and done.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Cover generously with La Vida Vegan white coconut spread.
- They taste best when they are still warm!