Servings: 8 people
For the Malabi:
400 ml Almond milk
50 g La Vida Vegan White Coconut Spread
1 tbsp rose water
35 g cornstarch
1 dash of salt
4 tbsp grenadine (with or without sugar)
4 tbsp almonds, roasted (10 minutes at 180 C)
2 tbsp schreaded coconut
1 tbsp pistachio nuts
- Add ¾ of the almond milk the La Vida Vegan Coconut spread to a saucepan and bring this close to a boil.
- In the meantime, make with the rest of the almond milk and the cornstarch, rose water and dash of salt a paste.
- Add this to the saucepan mixture and let it cook through for about 1 minute and keep stirring. The Malabi may not cook!
- Divide among 4 glasses and place a piece of cling film on the surface of each glass to prevent skin from forming.
- Place in the refrigerator and let set for about 3 hours or overnight if possible.
- Take of the cling foil and add one spoon of Grenadine on each glass of Malabi.
- Chop the almond with a knife and divide this also over the glasses.
- Lastly, garnish the Malabi’s with the shreaded coconut and pistachio nuts.