2 ½ tbsp. La Vida Vegan dark chocolate spread
175 g flour
3 ripe bananas
25 g coconut blossom sugar
75 ml sunflower oil
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp speculaas spices
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease a cake tin well with sunflower oil.
- In a large bowl, peel and mash two bananas with a fork and add the coconut blossom sugar, sunflower oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract and stir well.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, speculoos spices and a pinch of salt.
- Add the flour mixture bit by bit to the banana mixture and mix until an even batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and spoon in the middle of the La Vida Vegan dark chocolate spread.
- Peel the third banana and halve lengthwise and place both halves on top of the batter.
- Bake the banana bread for about 40 to 45 minutes in the center of the oven until golden brown and done.
- Check for doneness with a skewer and remove the banana bread from the oven and let cool completely.