1 jar La Vida Vegan dark chocolate spread
270 g flour
150 g sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar
90 g banana
1 lemon, grated
3 egg substitute (from Orgran or Flavour)
90 g almonds with husk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Mix the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Prepare the egg substitute according to instructions on the packet.
- Mash the banana and add it to the egg substitute along with the lemon juice.
- Add this mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Knead briefly to form a cohesive dough, then add the almonds.
- Mix until the almonds are nicely distributed through the dough.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and make two long, slightly flat slices and place on the baking sheet.
- Make sure they are not too close together they will still flow slightly.
- Bake the cakes for 30 to 40 minutes, until slightly brown and completely cooked.
- Remove them from the oven and cut thick slices of 1cm to 1½cm.
- Place these back on the baking tray and bake in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Then turn off the oven and open the door and let them cool completely.
- Serve the biscottis with La Vida Vegan dark chocolate spread.