1 jar La Vida Vegan coconut paste
150 ml vegan whipping cream
100 g cream cheese
25 g sugar
75 coconut flakes
fruit as desired
For the cake:
200 g flour
50 g cornstarch
100 ml vegetable milk
100 ml coconut oil, melted
100 g icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients for the cake.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake the cake for about 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
- Remove from the oven and immediately cover the cake with a clean tea towel.
- Let stand for a minute, then roll up using the tea towel and leave to cool for an hour.
- Roll out the cake and spread with La Vida Vegan coconut paste.
- Then roll up the cake again and leave to firm up in the fridge, covered, for half an hour.
- Beat the cream cheese and the vegan whipping cream with the sugar until fluffy.
- Mix both together and fill a piping bag with the cream cheese mixture.
- Brush the cakerole with cold espresso.
- Roll the cake through coconut zest and pipe tufts of the cream cheese mixture on the roll.
- Garnish the roll with fruit and mint.