For the base:
1 tbsp La Vida Vegan chocolate spread
240 g walnuts
12 medjool dates
50 g cocoa
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. vanilla extract
For the mocha mousse:
150 g dark chocholate
2 tbsp La Vida Vegan chocolate spread
1 can of full fat coconut milk
10 g instant coffee
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. La Vida Vegan chocolate spread
150 g dark chocolate
4 tbsp. raspberry jam
100 g raspberries
- First make the base by finely turning the dates, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla extract in a food processor.
- Then add the La Vida Vegan chocolate spread and walnuts and whirl until the walnuts still have some texture.
- Spoon this into a brownie baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Cover and let firm up in the refrigerator.
- Scoop out the whites of the coconut milk and heat together with the instant coffee and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Add the La Vida Vegan chocolate spread, dark chocolate and maple syrup and stir until everything is melted.
- Let cool slightly and then place in the refrigerator.
- When the mixture is still a little liquid you can whisk it until fluffy.
- Do this using a mixer as it takes a while for it to become fluffy.
- Then spread the mousse over the walnut-date base and leave covered to firm up for an hour in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, melt the remaining dark chocolate au bain-marie.
- Remove the chocolate mocha base from the baking pan and cut into 5 by 5 cm cubes.
- Brush with a layer of raspberry jam and then cover with the melted chocolate.
- Let the brownies with mocha mousse firm up in the refrigerator.
- Garnish them with La Vida Vegan chocolate mousse and half a raspberry.